Monday, July 19, 2010

Simple Steps to Correct Poor Posture

Did someone (probably your mom) ever pat you on your back and said "Stand up straight. Don't hunch."? Well, thank them. It is really for your own good. But for somehow, if you are like me, my body normal relax position is actually bad body posture. Yes, I like to hunch and do feel like I look like a cave-man walking... yikes..
Yoga Posture Adjustments and Assisting: An Insightful Guide for Yoga Teachers and Students 
In order to correct my poor posture, I did  a lot of posture exercises and practice yoga. Yoga is really beneficial to correct your posture. Below is what my yoga instructor will always instruct us to do to stand with correct posture.

1. Stand up tall

2. Bring up your navel upwards

3. Now some might probably curve the backbone outward too much. So pull your tailbone downwards or inward.

4. Roll your shoulder from front to up to back and open your chest.

5. Ensure that your neck and head are held high and look forward. Also, ensure that your shoulder is not tight a bring it down away from the ears.


Yoga For BeginnersValeo Yoga Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment